Try this interactive page that allows you to identify galaxies with stellar shells in the Illustris simulation.
Team Leader of the US Team - International Astronomy and Astrophysics Olympiad 2017
- At the 2017 International Astronomy and Astrophysics Olympiad, the US team placed second out of 44 participating countries. Our team won 2 Gold Medals and 3 Honorable Mentions, making this the best result in the history of US participations at IOAA. Read more here.
- Meet the US team attending IOAA 2017.
- check out the press release from the American Association of Variable Star Observers
- as one of the team leaders in 2017 (together with Ioana Zelko), I wrote questions for the national selection exams, taught lectures during the MIT training camp and held weekly training telecons with the team.
- check out this article in the MIT news about the training camp we had this year!
- we ran a generosity campaign in order to raise funds to cover the plane tickets of the US team to the International Olympiad in Astronomy and Astrophysics that took place in Thailand, November 12-21, 2017.
- if you are a High School student interested in participating in the next year national selection, check out the USA Astronomy and Astrophysics Olympiad website.
Research Adviser for Angela A. G. Twum - part of the Banneker & Aztlán Institute - Summer 2017
- advised Angela A. G. Twum, an undergraduate student from Pomona College
- Angela recently presented an interactive e-poster at the AAS 2018 meeting (check the abstract here)
- "The Banneker & Aztlán Institute summer program is a full-time, ten-week research and study experience. We prepare undergraduate students of color for graduate programs in astronomy by emphasizing research and building community and by encouraging debate and political action."
- consider applying or donating for the program at this link.
Member of the Local Organizing Committee for ComSciCon National Workshop 2017
- leadership workshop series for graduate student leaders in STEM communcation and outreach
Teaching Assistant for AST 200: Radiative Astrophysics, Harvard University, Fall 2016
- awarded the Bok Teaching Award for distinction in teaching
Teaching Assistant for AST 202A: Extragalactic Astronomy and Cosmology I, Harvard University, Fall 2017
Teaching Assistant for AST 202A: Extragalactic Astronomy and Cosmology II, Harvard University, Spring 2018
Teaching Assistant for PHY 104: General Physics II, Princeton University, Spring 2014
Tutor in Physics and Mathematics, Princeton University, 2011 - 2014
Co-President of Princeton Astrobiology Club, 2012 - 2013
Social Chair of Princeton Astrobiology Club, 2011 - 2012